Wednesday, July 18, 2007

papa's big day

So we get up at 4:00 AM in order to get Jan and Clark off to the airport by six. We get home, only missing one turnoff and having to travel down Redwood Road for a few miles, by 7:10. I do some watering and weeding then its off to work. Luckily kind of a slow day which gives me a chance to correct my papers from the Monday U. of P. Class. In the meantime I register a few kids and answer the parent's questions. (My job is to have them leave happy, so I tell them what they would like to hear) Sitting at my desk is a german manuscript I am supposed to be translating for Aunt Pattie along with the packet assignment hanging over my head. [I'm writing 4 packets for the Financial Literacy Class, I have one finished]. Pretty soon I need to start thinking about what I will teach in my new U of P class which starts tonight. I will miss the ward service project as a result of the class. Also I need to figure out when I can do a key exchange with the Shumways so they can have a Thursday baptism.
Oh well its just one day, I'll catch up on my sleep at some point and I'm reminded of my mantra: Let the Mountain Rest You.

5 comments:

JethRobyn said...

Didn't you just retire, and shouldn't things be a bit easier right now?? I thought this is the time when you were supposed to be fishing, or cruising or something like that. Is the neighborhood party this weekend or next?

Thaddeus said...

Yeah, and when are you gonna come up to Logan and fix our bathroom?

Sheesh. You need a few vacations from all the jobs you've been accumulating.

Bus Gillespie said...

Because of a few conflicts we will try for the neighborhood party in early Aug. on a Sunday afternoon so our Chinese neighbors can come.
and Thad I think I'll be coming to Logan tomorrow morning.

Jan said...

Sounds like an easy day--no tearing into neighbor's roofs or putting up walls on the shed.

I guess at your age, you need a day without major construction. hee hee.

Jan said...

yes, I just wrote "hee hee"