Saturday, September 1, 2007

Modern Football in Cougar-town, nation, universe

I spent a lovely afternoon with 65,000 of my friends at the BYU Arizona game. It was a good game and we even won but as I was watching the crowd I had a few thoughts: 1) this large generation of diabetic prone people are going to change the seating at stadiums. The 8-10 inches allotted to each person's butt just isn't cutting it anymore. 2) Why bring young younguns to the game, sure baby sitting costs a little money but if you are reduced to reading the little tyke books about the destruction of the dinosaurs during the third quarter...well what's sacrament meeting for? 3) I'm waiting for an audience to really express their hatred for the purple hat guy. He is the gnome that works for the television people and decides abitraily to walk out on the field and stop the action so that some station can sell a truck or a beer to people watching the game from their easy chair. I think those that have paid the big bucks to be in the seats, squished between the large bottomed thousands are the one's that should be catered to, and if the oaf at home misses a play or two and is bothered by that, then they should pay the money and wedge themselves into those staduim seats that were designed by the Seven Dwarf drafing and engineering corp. (the 12" legroom looked plenty big to them).

3 comments:

Beetle said...

Maybe we should go on a diet. As a community, I mean. And on MWF mornings we should play DDR for an hour. The whole community isn't invited to that. Just you. And me.

Benjamin said...

I'm already on a diet, so can I come?

My butt hurts so much from those dang metal benches that I can barely stand to sit down this morning.

Bus Gillespie said...

A community diet is a great idea, I'm going to post it with the herald. If we don't the stadium will be full but they will only have 30,000 fans. What a great cause,BYU football!!