Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Zoological, Archiology dig

Pulled off the rest of the old sheetrock from the ceiling of the garage. Amazing how dusty an enclosed space can be. Near the end I found the fabled Mouse Cemetery! There were over 10 full or nearly full mouse skeletons, they were pretty cool looking and must have been dead for years to have all their meat and skin gone. I wonder if they ate something or were trapped and starved? Another discovery, although there were scatterings of mouse droppings everywhere, there was a concentration of them in one area. Do mice set aside a potty place?
I need to knock out a bit more concrete in order to run new water lines for my sink, shower, and upstairs bathroom.

2 comments:

hosander said...

That is disgusting. I found a dead bird in my yard today and was shaken for an hour.

Jancisco said...

Gross. Why is it fabled? Has there been a decomposing smell on and off in your history there?